Congrats to Innarested Observer for winning the free t-shirt.
Arkansas Razorbacks fans … It. Is. Time! No more preseason drama. No more media telling us who should be ranked and who should be on All-America teams. No more season-long predictions. It’s time to put up or shut up.
So what does Arkansas have in store for us this year? A new QB, a new RB, a fairly new O-line and a few newbies on defense. But other than that, it’s still a Bobby Petrino team and you’d be silly to think we’re not capable of putting together another 10-win season.
First up on the docket is Missouri State from the Missouri Valley Conference. It’s your typical first game of the season cupcake for Arkansas. And the game could quickly get out of hand for the Bears as they’ve suspended their starting quarterback for one game. They’ll more than likely rely on running back Chris Douglas, who rushed for over 1,000 yards last season.
The Arkansas coaching staff will be using this game, and at least next week’s game in Little Rock, to find the right balance of players on either side of the ball. What we really need to see is not how well the offense adjusts in Tyler Wilson’s hands, but how effectively Arkansas can move the ball on the ground.
On the defensive side of things, Coach Robinson is probably gearing the boys to pitch a shut-out. But keep an eye on our D-line and secondary. Hell, keep an eye on the entire unit. If Arkansas is going to win some tough games this year, it will more than likely be on the backs of our defenders. And that’s not something Coach Petrino is used to.
A lot of pundits out there think this game will see Arkansas scoring in the 50s. Even the spread has Arkansas winning by 43. But I don’t think we’re ready to sore that high. Yet.
We’ll definitely win and will do so convincingly. My guess, Arkansas Razorbacks 39, Missouri State Bears 9.
Let us know what you think the final score will be. If you’re the closest (see rules below), you’ll get a free t-shirt from Bearstate Supply.
Regardless, it should be a wonderful day on the hill. Get out there and cheer our Hogs on to victory!
How to enter
Leave a comment with your game prediction. If you want to add anything else, please feel free.
What you’ll win
One t-shirt of your choice (design, color, size) from the Bearstate Supply online store.
- You only may enter this specific contest once.
- Contests are open to anyone anywhere except staff of Fayetteville Flyer and their immediate family members.
- The winning entry must pick the winning team and have the smallest combined difference from each team’s final score. Example: If the Razorbacks win by a score of 21-7, and your prediction was Razorback 20-10, your difference would be 1 + 3 = 4. In the event of a tie, a winner will be selected by a random drawing.
- You must pick the score by 15 minutes before kickoff for each game.
- Make sure you leave a valid e-mail address when filling out the comment form since that’s how we’ll contact you if you’ve won.