The Fayetteville City Council held a regular meeting at 6 p.m. Sept. 6, 2011 in room 219 of City Hall located at 113 W. Mountain Street.
Below is a very brief recap of items discussed and voted on during Tuesday night’s meeting.
Present: Adella Gray, Brenda Boudreaux, Mark Kinion, Matthew Petty, Mayor Jordan, Justin Tennant, Bobby Ferrell, Rhonda Adams
Absent: Sarah Lewis
All 19 consent items passed the council Tuesday night including a resolution approving a two-year economic development services contract renewal with the Fayetteville Chamber of Commerce
There was no unfinished business
- ADM 11-3627: Public Art Donation: A resolution to accept the donation of a bronze sculpture entitled “Cloud Landscape” by Hank Kaminsky and to thank the Omni Center for Peace, Justice and Ecology for this donation. (Pass 7-0)
- Revised Ward Boundaries: A resolution to approve revised ward boundaries to equalize ward populations after the 2010 Federal Census. (Tabled until Sept. 20)
- VAC 11-3887: An ordinance approving VAC 11-3887 submitted by CEI Engineering Associates, Inc. for property located at 2388 N. College Ave. to vacate a portion of a utility easement. (Pass 7-0)
- Monthly Sewer Rates: An ordinance amending Section 51.137 Monthly Sewer Rates of the Code of Fayetteville by reducing certain extra strength surcharges to sewer rates, and providing for an effective date. (Tabled until Sept. 20 – To allow for a public hearing.)
- Exemptions of the Signs Chapter: An ordinance permitting cross street banners on Block Avenue similar to Dickson Street. (Pass 7-0)
- (ADDITION) Resolution to approve a slightly amended lease with Friendship Community Care for 2.2 acres of the city property required by the U.S. Dept. of Housing and Urban Development. (Pass 7-0)