About 20 people showed up for last night’s input session about growing the city’s recycling program. For those who left comments here on the Flyer, we’re told they’ve been taken into consideration. (NWAOnline)
In case you missed it yesterday, we found out the Bruce Lee museum will likely be located downtown instead of on Sunbridge Drive. (Fayetteville Flyer)
Locals: Clif Phillips, Jeff Caudle, Gina Maddox, Kathleen Bearden, Lindsay Smallwood, Melissa Terry, Sam Houser, Sam Nesbitt, Brooke Gaffigan, Matt Weidner and Rebecca Doering.
Others: Singer Jerry Lee Lewis is 76, actor Ian McShane is 69, TV personality Bryant Gumbel is 63, journalist Gwen Ifill is 56 and comedian Andrew “Dice” Clay is 54.
*Send us your local birthday shout outs.
Before the grunge backlash of the late 90s, Seattle-based band Candlebox enjoyed huge commercial success. The group’s debut record went four-times platinum, landing the band a North Stage appearance at Woodstock ’94 alongside names like Violent Femmes, Live, Blues Traveler and Collective Soul. Their follow-up went gold, but shortly after album #3, the band broke up.
Six years later, Candlebox reformed, releasing a “Best of” album followed by another full-length. Currently, the group is on the road testing out songs for a forthcoming album.
Expect to hear a few of those songs alongside their biggest hits “You” and “Far Behind” tonight when they play the Arkansas Music Pavilion here in Fayetteville.
There’s more happening tonight, both BBBQ-related and not. See the list below for details.
- Fayetteville Square: Farmers’ Market
- Dickson Street: Bikes, Blues & BBBQ events
- Baum Stadium: Bikes, Blues & BBBQ events
- Botanical Garden of the Ozarks: Creating native Prairies and Meadows
- JJ’s Grill: Jeff Fox
- Legacy Blues Lounge: Russ Hutchison / Jones N’ Leah
- AMP: Candlebox / Cowboy Mouth / Taddy Porter / Fools For Rowan
- Foghorn’s on College: Chris and Jamie
- Jose’s: Earl & Them
- Billy’s Grill: Christian Jerry
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Eoff Brothers / Ben Miller Band
- Kingfish: Grace Eskew w/ Davis Coen
- ROTC Grill: Uncrowned Kings
- Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall: Guest Artist, Don Bailey – Flute and Donald Sulzen – Piano
- Mojo’s Pints & Pies: Nate Hancock & Eoff Brothers
- Rogue Pizza Co.: Daryl Brooks / Left of Center
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Double Tough w/ Shortfuze
- Rowdy Beaver Den: Steve Dimmitt / Leah & The Mojo Doctors
- City Hall, Room 326: Subdivision Committee * – 9:00 a.m.
- City Hall, Room 111: Fayetteville Council of Neighborhoods * (agenda)- 6:00 p.m.
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel are indicated with an asterisk