The 2011 Trick or Treat on the Square was a big hit yesterday in downtown Fayetteville. By 4 p.m. hundreds of local zombies, fairies and Transformers had descended upon the square to take candy from
strangers business owners. Check out our photos or see a slideshow the UA Athletic Department posted at ArkansasRazorbacks.com.
Speaking of Halloween photos, local resident Stephan Pollard submitted about a dozen shots of the 2011 Fayetteville Zombie Ride as the group passed the Maple Street Apartments last night.
Halloween was full of treats, but it wasn’t without the tricks. Someone(s) stole nearly every copy of the Arkansas Traveler student newspaper from the racks on the UA campus Monday.
Locals: Melissa Reigel, Christina Meredith, Kara Jones, Danny Lee, Laura Cotton, Lawrence Merck, Dale Warren, Nicole Nunziato, Sara Young, Robert Ko, Amber Hendrix, Trey Ashcraft and Ryan Moore.
Others: “Hustler” publisher Larry Flynt is 69, saxophonist Ronald Khalis Bell (Kool and the Gang) is 60, singer Lyle Lovett is 54, singer Anthony Kiedis (Red Hot Chili Peppers) is 49, drummer Rick Allen (Def Leppard) is 48, rapper Willie D (Geto Boys) is 45, actress Jenny McCarthy is 39 and actor Penn Badgley (Gossip Girl is 25.
*Send us your local birthday shout outs.
Looking to fill your belly for a good cause? The Empty Bowls of NWA fundraiser for LifeSource International is tonight from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. in the parish hall of St. Paul’s Episcopal Church. The $25 ticket (at the door) gets you a custom ceramic bowl you can use taste soups from 14 local restaurants. Local longtime musician Jed Clampit will provide the music. The bowls were made and donated by local potters and other artists.
- Fayetteville Square: Farmers’ Market
- St. Paul’s Episcopal: Empty Bowls Event to benefit Lifesource
- Farrell’s Lounge: Stitch & Bitch
- JJ’s Grill: Mendy Johnsen
- Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall: Devon Johnston – Oboe Performance
- Walton Arts Center: Munich Symphony
- Mt. Sequoyah: Jori Costello
- Mojo’s Pints & Pies: Sarah Hughes
- Rowdy Beaver Den: Open mic night
Tuesday, Nov. 1, 2011
|9:00 a.m.||NWA Housing Coalition||City Hall, Room 111|
|6:00 p.m.||City Council Meeting * (agenda)||City Hall, Room 219|
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel are indicated with an asterisk