A meeting of the Fayetteville City Council is set for 6 p.m. Jan. 3 in room 219 of City Hall, 113 West Mountain Street.
Below is a brief overview of what to expect at the meeting.
Presentations, Reports and Discussions
- Election of Vice Mayor
- Report on the Condition of the Pension Funds
- Re-approval of Nominating Committee Report – During the Dec. 20 meeting, aldermen unanimously approved the Nominating Committee’s appointment report, but there was a mistake in the wording of the Airport Board nominations. Bill Corley should have been appointed to the aeronautical term and Ken Haxel to the UA term.
There are eight consent items on the agenda including a resolution naming two new city trails [PDF] and a resolution authorizing the execution of the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) agreement for 2012 when received in the estimated amount of $589,066 [PDF].
The following item is the only piece of unfinished business on the agenda.
- Kum & Go Appeal [PDF, 2]: Appeal of the Planning Commission’s decision to limit access for a proposed Kum & Go station at MLK Jr. Blvd. and Hill Avenue.
The following three items make up the new business section of the agenda.
- 2012 Budget Reappropriation Request: [PDF]: Aldermen will consider rolling $57,649,568 in ongoing projects into the city’s total budget for 2012.
- VAC 11-3970 (862 & 846 Hoddle Place/Slavens) [PDF]: An ordinance to vacate a .57-acre utility easement which runs between 862 and 846 Hoddle Place to allow the owner of the two lots to build in the middle of the property.
- Freeze City Clerk Salary [PDF]: An ordinance to suspend pay raises for the City Clerk Sondra Smith for 2012. “Because of the dífficult economic condition the city has faced during the past few years and in light of a current salary freeze for city employees, I am requesting that any pay increase for the calendar year 2012 be suspended for my position,” wrote Smith in a memorandum to the council members.