5-day Weather Forecast
[forecast location=”72701″ caption=”” measurement=’F’ todaylabel=”Today” datelabel=”%%weekday%%” highlow=’%%high%%° / %%low%%°’ numdays=”5″ iconset=”Incredible” class=”css_table_class” cache=”true” width=”100%”]
American Independent Business Alliance co-founder Jeff Milchen is coming to Fayetteville. Milchen will be in town on Wednesday, April 4 to give a presentation and workshop on the importance of shopping locally beginning at 9 a.m. in the Walker Community Room at the Fayetteville Public Library.
The deal doesn’t appear to be done, but it looks like Academy Sports + Outdoors is eyeing property for a retail location in Fayetteville.
An appraisal of the Old Post Office on the downtown square places the value at less than half of what the owner has asked the Fayetteville Advertising and Promotion Commission to pay. Meanwhile, the A&P Commissioners are planning to tour an alternate location this week.
It took a little longer than he’d hoped, but we could hear the smile on J.T. Wampler’s face when he told us over the phone yesterday that he was approved by the federal government to begin brewing beer at Tanglewood Branch Beer Co.
Speaking of J.T., his latest It’s All About The Beer column gives the highest rating yet to Tallgrass Brewing’s 8-Bit Pale Ale.
Friday events, March 30
Happy hour kicks off at George’s with Full House at 6 p.m. Later on Boom!Kinetic is set to perform shows on Friday and Saturday night.
Popular Australian show Circus Oz opened at Walton Arts Center on Thursday night, and will play throughout the weekend. For the Friday night show, the WAC is asking folks to dress up in Steampunk costumes to join in on the fun.
Fayetteville Jazz Collective is back at UARK Bowl, and 1 Oz. Jig is at Smoke & Barrel.
Full Friday list:
- NWA Mall: NWA Mall 40th Anniversary
- Greenhouse Grille: Walter Savage Jazz Duo
- Fayetteville Public Library: An Evening with Author Tracy Kidder
- Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall: Amber Lomolino – Euphonium Recital
- Fayetteville Town Center: Cupcakes & Cocktails
- Rogue: Jarris / Rough Draftz
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Boom!Kinetic / Full House
- JJ’s Grill: Wes & Karl
- The Wine Cellar: Jones’n Leah
- UARK Bowl: Fayetteville Jazz Collective
- Walton Arts Center: Circus Oz
- Kingfish: Devilskin Boot
- Mojo’s Pints & Pies: Keith Nicholson
- Rowdy Beaver Den: Lil Hoojin
- Legacy Blues Lounge: Oreo Blue Trio
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: 1 Oz. Jig
Saturday events, March 31
There’s a record sale at the Clarion Inn on Saturday featuring around 50 tables of new and used vinyl and accessories. It starts at 8 a.m.
Kingish has Flat Broke & Lonesome on their outdoor stage on Saturday night, and the weather’s looking perfect for outdoor music.
Local 60s-pop-influenced trio The Swoops are at Legacy Blues Saturday night. Check out a couple of their tracks on Facebook.
There’s an Aerosault.com party at Smoke & Barrel Tavern featuring Control C, Dirty Allie, Merl and Bizar.
Full Saturday list:
- Clarion Inn: Music & Collectors Expo
- NWA Mall: Trade-A-Book
- West Mountain Brewing Company: 2nd Annual Fayetteville 5K Poker Run
- Pauline Whitaker Animal Science Center: Welcome Home Veterans
- Fayetteville Public Library: Grif Stockley Event and Book Signing
- Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall: NAMTA Masterclass
- Walton Arts Center: Circus Oz
- Arsaga’s on Crossover: Andrew Flory
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Boom!Kinetic
- JJ’s Grill: Uncrowned Kings
- Kingfish: Flat Broke & Lonesome
- Rowdy Beaver Den: Art Bentley
- Stone Pony: Jason Strode
- West End: Keith Nicholson
- Maxine’s Tap Room: Shawn James
- Legacy Blues Lounge: The Swoops
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Control C / Dirty Allie / Merl / Bizar
Sunday events, April 1
The Fayetteville Public Library is hosting a 10×10 Countdown Conversation with KUAF’s Kyle Kellams to preview their upcoming show, Whiffenpoofs of Yale. It starts at 2 p.m. in the Walker Community Room.
The Sunday Night Stand Up series continues at UARK Bowl with Memphis-based comic Mo Alexander.
Full Sunday list:
Friday Public Meetings
|10:00 a.m.||Pre-Bid Meeting: Bid 12-25, Construction – Garland Ave. Water & Sewer Improvements||City Hall, Room 326|
*Send us your birthday shout-outs.