Several streets in and around downtown Fayetteville are set to close this weekend for the 2012 Joe Martin Stage Race.
With over 700 athletes expected to participate, Fayetteville police are asking residents to drive carefully and be cautious of the many cyclists in and around town.
Also, any vehicles parked on Dickson Street from 4-7 p.m. Friday will be moved to the main Walton Arts Center parking lot to make room for the raceway. No towing fees will be incurred.
Detailed 2012 Joe Martin Stage Race street closings are listed below.
Friday, April 27 – 3:30 to 7 p.m.
– West Avenue and Dickson Street
* Vehicles parked on Dickson Street will be moved to the Walton Arts Center lot
Saturday, April 28 – Noon to 7 p.m.
– Razorback Road from 15th Street to I-540
Sunday, April 29 – 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
– Church Avenue between Spring Street and Mountain Street
– Mountain Street between Church Avenue and Block Avenue
– Block Avenue between Mountain Street and Center Street
– Center Street between Block Avenue and East Avenue
– East Avenue between Center Street and Dickson Street
– Dickson Street between East Avenue and West Avenue
– West Avenue between Dickson Street and Spring Street
– Spring Street between West Avenue and Church Avenue.
For information about the Joe Martin Stage Race and details about the races, visit joemartinstagerace.com.