- New city computer servers and software.
- Changes to the Farmers’ Market ordinance.
- A contract with a metal trader to scrap the former Tyson plant.
- An appeal and approval for a new Casey’s General Store.
Present: Adella Gray, Mark Kinion, Matthew Petty, Mayor Lioneld Jordan, Justin Tennant, Martin Schoppmeyer, Rhonda Adams, Alan Long
Absent: Sarah Marsh
A meeting of the Fayetteville City Council was held at 6 p.m. Tuesday, April 2, 2013 in Room 219 of the City Administration Building located at 113 West Mountain Street.
Listed below are the items up for approval during the meeting and links to downloadable PDFs for each item. This post will be updated to include all action taken during the meeting.
1. Nominating Committee Report – Re-approval of the Construction Board of Adjustment and Appeal, Jules Beck – One Alternate Member Term Ending 03/31/14 – Pass 7-0
1. Resolution to enter into an emergency contract with CI2 Aviation, Inc.: An ordinance waiving competitive bidding and approving the $20,342 per month with CI Squared Aviation Inc for control tower services for Drake Field. – Pass 7-0
2. Authorization for Legal Action Regarding Airport Tower Closure: A resolution authorizing the city attorney to take legal action to delay closure of the air traffic control tower at Drake Field. – Pass 7-0
3. Resolution Expressing Displeasure with the FAA Decision to Close Federal Contact Towers at Airports Across the Country Including the Towers at Drake Field: A resolution to express displeasure with the FAA’s decision to close the federal contract towers, including the tower at Drake Field. – Pass 7-0*
*The ordinance was amended to remove the words “extreme” and “arbitrary.”
1. Approval of the March 19, 2013 City Council meeting minutes. – Pass 7-0
2. Police Gym Equipment (PDF): A resolution approving a budget adjustment in the amount of $10,000.00 to replace and purchase additional police gym equipment. – Pass 7-0
3. Bid #13-18 Heckathorn Construction Co. (PDF): A resolution awarding Bid #13-18 and authorizing a contract with Heckathorn Construction Co. in the amount of $114,363.00 for the construction of a server room storm shelter at the Fayetteville Executive Airport, and approving a project contingency of $15,000.00. – Pass 7-0
4. Presidio Networked Solutions (PDF): A resolution authorizing the purchase of APC Data Center HVAC and UPS equipment from Presidio Networked Solutions, pursuant to a state procurement contract, in the total amount of $143,610.61, approving a project contingency of $10,000.00, and approving a budget adjustment in the amount of $170,887.00. – Pass 7-0
5. AOS, LLC (PDF): A resolution authorizing the purchase of computer servers and a backup appliance from AOS, LLC, pursuant to a state procurement contract, in the total amount of $131,413.99, and approving a budget adjustment. – Pass 7-0
6. Software House International (PDF): A resolution authorizing the purchase of a Microsoft Enterprise Agreement and subscription services, pursuant to a state procurement contract, from Software House International in the amount of $152,400.00. – Pass 7-0
7. Washington County Interlocal Agreement (PDF): A resolution approving an interlocal agreement with Washington County, Arkansas for the provision of hazardous materials incident response services. – Pass 7-0
8. National Center for Appropriate Technology (PDF): A resolution approving a budget adjustment in the amount of $1,359.80 recognizing grant revenue from the National Center for Appropriate Technology for printing of City Drainage Criteria Manuals. – Pass 7-0
9. Walton Arts Center, Contract Parking Services (PDF): A resolution to approve an amendment to the contract for the provision of parking-related services between the City of Fayetteville, Arkansas and the Walton Arts Center Council, Inc. – Pass 7-0
1. Amend §114.02 Farmers’ Market (PDF): An ordinance to amend §114.02 Farmers’ Market to transfer the current free use of the south parking spaces on Mountain Street to the control of the Rural Mountain Producers Exchange Board, to close Mountain Street to traffic, to permit sound amplification during Farmers’ Market and to make other changes. This ordinance was left on the First Reading at the March 19, 2013 City Council meeting. – Sent to ordinance review. 6-1*
*Alderman Petty voted no.
1. RZN 13-4310 (PDF): An ordinance rezoning that property described in rezoning petition RZN 13-4310, for approximately 17.28 acres, located north of the intersection of North Gregg Avenue and West Van Asche Drive from C-1, Neighborhood Commercial to P-1, Institutional. – Pass 7-0
2. R-PZD 12-4284 (PDF): An ordinance establishing a Residential Planned Zoning District titled R-PZD 12-4284, Park Hill at Mountain Ranch, located at the southwest corner of Persimmon Street and Mountain Ranch Boulevard; containing approximately 2.23 acres; amending the official zoning map of the City of Fayetteville; and adopting the Associated Master Development Plan. Tabled at the request of the applicant
3. AR Rahim Metal Trading, Inc. (PDF): A resolution approving a contract with AR Rahim Metal Trading, Inc. in the net amount of $84,199.05 for the sale and removal of the Tyson Building on Huntsville Road. Pass 7-0
4. Casey’s Appeal (PDF): A resolution to grant the appeal and approve a Large Scale Development (LSD-4295) for Casey’s General Stores, Inc. Pass 7-0*
*Amended to include provisions for a retaining wall, and tree preservation assurances.