- Changes to the Farmers’ Market ordinance
- Approval a residential planned zoning district at Persimmon Street and Mountain Ranch Boulevard
- Rezoning of the Good Shepherd Lutheran Church property
- Rezoning of property on Huntsville Road where a Kum & Go is being built
A meeting of the Fayetteville City Council was held at 6 p.m. Tuesday, May 7, 2013 in Room 219 of the City Administration Building located at 113 West Mountain Street.
Listed below are the items up for approval during the meeting and links to downloadable PDFs for each item. This post will be updated to include all action taken during the meeting.
Present: Adella Gray, Sarah Marsh, Mark Kinion, Matthew Petty, Mayor Lioneld Jordan, Rhonda Adams, Alan Long
Absent: Justin Tennant, Martin Schoppmeyer
1. Approval of the April 16, 2013 City Council meeting minutes.– Pass 6-0
2. Animal Services Donation Revenue (PDF): A resolution approving a budget adjustment in the total amount of $9,392.00 representing donation revenue to Animal Services for the first quarter of 2013. – Pass 6-0
3. Ranger’s Pantry Pet Food Bank (PDF): A resolution approving a budget adjustment in the total amount of $405.00 representing donation revenue to the Community Services Division Ranger’s Pantry Pet Food Bank and for the Senior Giving Tree Event. – Pass 6-0
4. Community Development Block Grant Housing Program (PDF): A resolution approving a budget adjustment in the total amount of $1,195.00 recognizing Community Development Block Grant income received from a Housing Program lien payoff. – Tabled indefinitely*
*Tabled at the request of city staff due to a clerical error
5. McClelland Consulting Engineers, Inc. Amendment 1 – Task Order No. 9 (PDF): A resolution approving Amendment No. 1 to Task Order No. 9 of a contract with McClelland Consulting Engineers, Inc. in the amount of $7,500.00 for engineering services associated with the executive hangar office addition project at Fayetteville Executive Airport-Drake Field. – Pass 6-0
6. Center Point Contractors, Inc. (PDF): A resolution awarding Bid #13-23 and authorizing a contract with Center Point Contractors Inc. in the amount of $256,675.00 for construction of an executive hangar addition at Fayetteville Executive Airport-Drake Field, and approving a budget adjustment. – Pass 6-0
7. Cintas Corporation (PDF): A resolution authorizing a contract with Cintas Corporation, pursuant to a cooperative purchasing agreement through the U.S. Communities Government Purchasing Alliance, for the rental of uniforms, mats, mops and other items through March 31, 2015, with two additional two year renewal options. – Pass 6-0
8. Repealing Resolution No. 51-13 Bid #13-12 Terex Equipment Services (PDF): A resolution repealing Resolution No. 51-13, awarding Bid #13-12 and authorizing the purchase of three (3) Ford F-550 service body trucks from Terex Equipment Services of North Little Rock in the total amount of $127,545.00 for use by the Water and Sewer Division. – Pass 6-0
9. Bid #12-79 Peterbilt of Fort Smith (PDF): A resolution authorizing the purchase of one (1) 2013 Peterbilt rear load refuse truck with Wayne body pursuant to Bid #12-79 from Peterbilt of Fort Smith in the amount of $220,995.00. – Pass 6-0
10. 2013 Arkansas Department of Environmental Quality E-Waste Grant (PDF): A resolution approving application for a 2013 Arkansas Department of Environmental Quality E-Waste Grant through the Boston Mountain Solid Waste District of $25,000.00 for an E-Waste coupon redemption program. – Pass 6-0
11. 2013 Arkansas Department of Environmental Quality Recycling Grant (PDF): A resolution approving application for a 2013 Arkansas Department of Environmental Quality Recycling Grant through the Boston Mountain Solid Waste District of $30,000.00 for indoor apartment recycling containers. – Pass 6-0
12. Northwest Arkansas Regional Planning Commission (PDF): A resolution approving an amendment to the Intergovernmental Agreement with the Northwest Arkansas Regional Planning Commission relating to the second statement of joint principles, stressor response, and monitoring evolving water quality issues, authorizing an expenditure of up to $40,000.00 for the agreement, and authorizing a $5,000.00 contingency. – Pass 6-0
1. Amend §114.02 Farmers’ Market (PDF): An ordinance to amend §114.02 Farmers’ Market to transfer the current free use of the south parking spaces on Mountain Street to the control of the Rural Mountain Producers Exchange Board, to close Mountain Street to traffic, to permit sound amplification during Farmers’ Market and to make other changes. – Tabled until May 21*
*Tabled at the request of Alderman Schoppmeyer, who requested that the group not vote until he could be present.
2. R-PZD 12-4284 (Park Hill at Mountain Ranch) (PDF): An ordinance establishing a Residential Planned Zoning District titled R-PZD 12-4284, Park Hill at Mountain Ranch, located at the southwest corner of Persimmon Street and Mountain Ranch Boulevard; containing approximately 2.23 acres; amending the official zoning map of the City of Fayetteville; and adopting the Associated Master Development Plan. – Pass 6-0
1. Raze and Removal 320 W. North Street (PDF): A resolution certifying to the Tax Collector of Washington County, Arkansas the costs of razing and removal of a dilapidated and unsafe structure upon the property owned by Robert W. Wilkes located at 320 W. North Street in the City of Fayetteville, Arkansas. – Fail 6-0*
*Staff requested this item be tabled indefinitely due to full payment made today, but the city attorney suggested voting the item down to ensure removal of the lien.
2. Raze and Removal 1717 S. Stirman Avenue (PDF): A resolution ordering the razing and removal of a dilapidated and unsafe structure owned by Mary Lou Guthery located at 1717 S. Stirman Avenue in the City of Fayetteville, Arkansas, and approving a budget adjustment. – Pass 6-0
1. RZN 13-4334 (2925 Old Missouri/Good Shepherd (PDF): An ordinance rezoning that property described in rezoning petition RZN 13-4334, for approximately 3.8 acres, located at 2925 Old Missouri Road from RSF-4, Residential Single-Family, 4 units per acre, to P-1, Institutional. – Pass 6-0
2. RZN 13-4359 (1851 E. Huntsville Rd./Kum & Go) (PDF): An ordinance rezoning that property described in rezoning petition RZN 13-4359, for approximately 1.9 acres, located at 1851 East Huntsville Road from I-1, General Industrial, to C-1, Neighborhood Commercial. – Pass 6-0
3. JWC Environmental (PDF): An ordinance waiving the requirements of formal competitive bidding and approving an agreement with JWC Environmental in a current amount of $21,658.24 for Channel Monster repairs and approving future such repairs as needed at the Hamestring Sewer Pump Station. – Pass 6-0