Although temperatures are still reaching the 80s during the day, the cooler evenings and the changing tips of the trees are a reminder that fall is definitely upon us.
For some, that brings excitement like cheering on the Razorback football team, riding bikes on the local trails now that the weather is more agreeable, or decorating front porches with pumpkins and jack-o-lanterns.
We had several requests last week for a roundup of local pumpkin patches, but we only know of a couple off the top of our heads.
There’s Dickey Farms just south of Tontitown, where folks can tromp around in the vines and rifle through the foliage in order to find a perfect pumpkin.
There’s the Sequoyah UMC Youth Pumpkin Patch on Old Wire Road, where guests can choose from hundreds of pre-picked pumpkins and fresh gourds.
Where is your favorite place to pick (or pick out) a pumpkin in Northwest Arkansas? Leave a comment here or on our staff Facebook page to let us know where go this year, and we’ll start compiling a list for everyone.
- Dickey Farms – 14306 Wildcat Creek Rd, Springdale, AR 72762 (map)
- Sequoyah UMC Youth Pumpkin Patch – 1910 Old Wire Road, Fayetteville, AR 72703 (map)
- Ranalli Farms – 1960 W. Henri DeTonti Blvd, Tontitown, AR 72762 (map)
- McGarrah Farms – 14816 Miser Rd, Pea Ridge, AR 72751 (map)
- Farmland Adventures – 5355 Parsons Rd, Springdale, AR 72764 (map)
- Vanzant Fruit Farms – 3705 E Highway 264, Lowell, AR 72745 (map)