The Fayetteville man who died in an early morning apartment fire on Kantz Lane last Saturday has been identified as 83-year-old James Richard Bean. He was found near an exit in his apartment. (KFSM, NWAOnline)
City officials will collect additional input from Fayetteville residents this evening as part of a project to develop a plan for expanding the city’s recycling program. (Flyer)
Also tonight, the FHS Homecoming Parade leaves Harmon Field just before 6 p.m. and makes its way up to the Fayetteville square. A pep rally will follow in front of the Fayetteville Town Center on the south side of the square. (Flyer)
Good news, trail goers. City planning documents indicate a tunnel will be built under Garland Avenue to connect Fayetteville’s western neighborhoods to Scull Creek Trail. We’ll have more later, but we put an overhead shot of the plan on Instagram yesterday. (@fvilleflyer)
Locals: Connie Rieper-Estes, Claudine Stark, Gary Cottrell, Laura Moix, Stephanie Mcelyea, Brent Giboney, John Riggins and Leanne Smith-Baribeau.
Others: Comedian Janeane Garofalo is 47, actress Mira Sorvino is 44, actress Naomi Watts is 43 and actress/singer Hilary Duff is 24.
*Send us your local birthday shout outs.
The 2011 edition of Bikes, Blues & BBQ is officially underway.
Although the non-stop thunder of motorcycle engines likely won’t begin until tomorrow, the blues and barbecue kick in tonight.
Official BBBQ music begins at 5 p.m. at the Baum Stadium Stage with Travis Kidd. A handful of other bands will follow there and on the Dickson Street Main Stage. For a full list of official BBBQ events, see our post from Monday.
Local venues schedule events, too, and for that, we’ve got a list to keep you covered.
For example, Travis Kidd heads to Kingfish after his early set, Smoke & Barrel hosts another night of Tavern Trivia, and JJ’s has Darren Ray.
There’s more, too, including Rock Hall of Famer Dave Mason at George’s, DJs Ultrasonic Nozzle and Jason Dub at FIX and Fork and Knife (who were on Ozarks at Large yesterday) at Greenhouse Grille.
- Baum Stadium: Bikes, Blues & BBBQ events
- Dickson Street: Bikes, Blues & BBBQ events
- JJ’s Grill: Darren Ray
- Legacy Blues Lounge: Big Bluesy / Ben Harris Group
- Jose’s: Joe Giles & the Homewreckers
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Dave Mason / Garage a Trois
- Kingfish: Travis Kidd
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Tavern Trivia
- Greenhouse Grille: Fork and Knife
- Rowdy Beaver Den: Amanda Rey
- Rogue Pizza Co.: Nate Hancock & Eoff Brothers
- Fix Ultralounge: Ultrasonic Nozzle / Jason Dub
- City Hall, Room 326: Technical Plat Review – 9:00 a.m.
- City Hall, Room 326: Bid Opening: Bid 11-59, Rock for River Bank Stabilization – 2:00 p.m.
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel are indicated with an asterisk